Skip to content
Healing is hard work… but the rewards are life changing!
Heritage Cove Farm – a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization
- February 27, 2014 Heritage Cove Farm receives approval from IRS of 501(c) 3 Tax Exempt Status
- March 13, 2015 Heritage Cove Farm submits application to Planning & Zoning for permit & site plan approval of a therapeutic farm community for up to 24 residents with mental illness
- January 15, 2016 Permit and Site Plan Approval received from County Planning & Zoning to proceed with development of therapeutic farm
- February 5, 2016 GVBA files Appeal to Circuit Court requesting Heritage Cove Farm’s Zoning approval be overturned
- August 19, 2016 Judge Donald J. McLennan issues Opinion & Order denying GVBA Appeal against Heritage Cove Farm
- September 8, 2016 GVBA files Motion for Reconsideration of Judge McLennan’s appeal denial
- September 21, 2016 Honorable Donald J. McLennan denies GVBA Motion for Reconsideration
- October 12, 2016 GVBA files second Appeal to Michigan Court of Appeals, again requesting that Zoning approval of Heritage Cove Farm be overturned
- January 4, 2018 Panel of Michigan Court of Appeals Justices hear Oral Argument in Lansing
- January 16, 2018 In a 12 page unanimous decision, the Michigan Court of Appeals affirms the Circuit Court and Zoning decisions, and denies Grandview Beach Association’s Appeal.